|What Jyotish gemstones can I wear for Venus or Shukra.|
The most popular gem (Ratna) for Venus is the diamond. But, a diamond which is worn as a remedial Jyotish gemstone for Venus (Shukra) must fulfill the following conditions:
- It should be either a colourless diamond or a diamond having a blue tint.
A diamond fulfilling these two conditions is not widely available and it also comes at a higher price than other diamonds. This takes us to the other alternatives to diamond, the other gemstones which can be used as jyotish gems for Venus. While almost any white, light blue or pale gemstone can be used as gem for Venus, the most effective ones are being mentioned in the descending order or their effectiveness:
1. White Sapphire: While most people think of Sapphires as having only Yellow ( Pukhraj) and Blue (Neelam) colours, the white sapphire is also getting popular. This variety of sapphire is not white but is colourless. The white look comes from the usual silk which is present in all sapphires. Depending on the transparency, cut and lustre, white sapphires can be more expensive than the yellow or the blue sapphires. The totally colourless sapphires are also quite rare to find.
2. Opal: An Opal is a translucent and sometimes opaque gemstone. It comes in many colours and hues like White, Gray, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Magenta, Rose, Pink, Slate, Olive, Brown, and Black. Out of these only the White, light Blue and light Yellow are used as gemstones for Venus. In cases where Venus is combined with Rahu the Grey variety is also used. The Opal is a beautiful gem and a spectrum of different colours on its surface.
3. White Coral: The White variety of corals is also used as a gemstone for Venus. It is beautiful, cool and very smooth to touch.
4. Moon Stone: The Moon Stone is usually worn for Moon (Chandra) but only on little finger. But, when worn on a ring on the ring finger, it becomes a Jyotish gem for Venus.
5. Turquoise: Turquoise is an opaque and blue (sometimes greenish blue) coloured gemstone.
6. Rock Crystal (Sphatik): It can be worn in form of beads in a necklace. It is cool to touch, transparent and colourless. Although it costs very less as compared to the other gemstones, it is very effective as a gemstone for Venus.
The white sapphire, white coral, moon stone and sphatik can also be used as remedial gem for Moon (Chandra) if they are worn on little finger instead of the ring finger.