Several varieties of remedies or Upayas have been popular and are practiced in Jyotish since time immemorial. Gem Therapy, colour therapy, fasts, donations, havans, poojas, yantras, mantras, etc are some of the well known Jyotish remedies. But, there are some lesser known but highly effective upayas and samadhans in Jyotish which can easily be performed by everyone. One such upaya is the 'Vriksharopan Samadhan'. This term literally means 'The remedy of Planting Trees'.
Yes, tree plantation is a highly useful, very affordable, easy to do and an efficient remedy for making your planets work in your favor. Trees' saplings and seeds are easily available for plantation and all you have to do is to bury them in soil and water them daily. The nature takes over the rest. Besides reducing the negative energy created by the negative planets in your horoscope the Vriksharopan Upaya strengthens the positive gains of the benefic planets in your chart.
For those who are having offspring related doshas in their horoscopes the Vriksharopan remedy mitigates the negativity of the planets which are creating such doshas, as planting a tree and then looking after it is akin to having a child of your own. This effectively treats the fifth house related negative results like infertility, delays, untimely deaths, or any other harms to the children.
But, one should be careful while planting the trees. The Banana tree must not be very near to the house where one lives. If possible it should be at least ten feet away from the house. A Tamarind (Imli) tree must not be planted anywhere near your residence. But, if there is a Tamarind tree near your house, plant two Neem trees near it to mitigate the negative effects of the Tamarind tree.
Simply planting the trees or burying the seeds in the moist soil will not complete the Vriksharopan remedy. The plants must be personally cared for until they are self-sufficient by providing them with water, manure and proper protection. In case, one is unable to care for the plants for a few days, one must appoint someone to take care of them. The big trees usually bury their roots deep enough to reach the underground sources of water within two or three years. It is the less sturdy trees or flowery plants which require more and daily care.
Following trees can be planted for planetary benefits depending on the twelve moon signs and ascendants (I have mentioned the trees and plants which are mainly found or can be planted in India):
1. Aries - Mesh: Apple, Mango, Litchee, Guava, Papaya, Rose, China rose.
2. Taurus - Vrishabh: Lemon, Grapes, Rajanigandha, Chameli, Sandalwood, Peepal, Neem.
3. Gemini - Mithun: Amla, Ashoka, Tamarind, Chameli, Grapes, Neem.
4. Cancer - Karka: Chameli, Banana, Papaya, Mango, Rose, Guava, Silver oak.
5. Leo - Simha: Sheesham, Mango, Sunflower, Rose, Guava, Orange.
6. Virgo - Kanya: Neem, Amla, Lemon, Neem, Peepal.
7. Libra - Tula: Sandalwood, Rajanigandha, Neem, Peepal, Banyan, Lemon, Chameli, Harsingar.
8. Scorpio - Vrishchik: Rose, Guava, Mango, Apple, Pineapple.
9. Sagittarius - Dhanu: Banana, Papaya, Mango, Rose, Apple, Orange, Belphal.
10. Capricorn - Makar: Banyan, Peepal, Neem, Chameli, Sandalwood, Jojoba.
11. Aquarius - Kumbh: Banyan, Peepal, Neem, Lemon, Harsingar, Jojoba.
12. Pisces - Meen: Mango, Papaya, Banana, Apple, Rose, China Rose, Belphal.